NiceHash Co-Founder Steps Down as CEO After Massive Crypto Hack

NiceHash’s co-founder and CEO  Marko Kobal quits after hackers stole a staggering 4000 Bitcoin with an estimated worth of 63 million dollars on December 6, 2017.

This has been considered one of the biggest hacks in the world of cryptocurrencies prompting a top executive to step down from his post. The news was confirmed after Kobal posted a message via LinkedIn.

Part of his message reads:

“As you are aware, since the recent security breach we at NiceHash have been working round the clock to rebuild our internal systems as well as management structure.

I shall now stand aside and allow new management to lead the organization through its next, exciting period of growth – therefore I decided to resign as CEO of NiceHash.”

To shed light on the attack and to keep their clients informed, NiceHash has posted information on their website. Users of NiceHash miners and wallets were also advised to update their wallet addresses to reset them.

It was also confirmed that a new management soon took over the said Slovenian Bitcoin exchange firm. On December 22, 2017, the once-embattled firm had a successful re-launch.

NiceHash was not the only victim last year. It can be recalled that South Korea’s Youbit suffered a great loss amounting to a whopping 17% of the exchange’s net asset value.

Right after the attack, the parent company of Youbit named Yapian filed for bankruptcy.

North Korea was allegedly behind said attack and is interested in mining for more funding, according to the South Korea Government.